Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Personal Weight Loss Story

Hello all, I'm Jay and I run The Smart Fitness Blog.  I wanted to share my story of how I was once overweight and was able to drop the pounds.

A few years ago I gradually became overweight as I had become complacent to a desk job and didn't realize how inactive my life had become.  I spent way too much time playing video games and hanging out at bars with my buddies boozing it up.  I'm 6 ft tall and through high school and college I was able to maintain a weight of 170 to 180 lbs.  That all changed rapidly over the course of a year after becoming very inactive in my life.  Within a years time I reached 220 lbs by horrible eating habits, sitting on my butt, and drinking a lot of beer.

What was even more sad is that I didn't even realize it.  I never realized that I had gained over 40 lbs of fat and it wasn't until I saw a photo of myself that I started thinking, damn...what happened?  I had just been in my brother's wedding and about a month later I got to see the wedding photos and I thought who the hell is that guy?

What happened as a result?  For a few weeks I was really depressed and I hardly left the house.  Which made things worse but it wasn't until I talked about my issues with a co-worker who also felt out of shape that things changed.  We both decided that we would work out together to help motivate each other.  We managed to work out three times during the work week and we would separately do cardio on the weekend.

I also stuck to a strict low calorie diet where I only cheated once a week.  I went from drinking beer every other night to once every two weeks.  I ate high protein meals, lean meats, whole grain breads, and a lot of low fat yogurt.  If I was stuck in a position where I had to go out to eat dinner I would usually order some sort of chicken breast with a salad.

After 9 months of keeping up this regimen I had dropped my weight to 175 lbs.  Through hard work and motivation I was able to obtain the goals I desired.  For the first time in my life I was able to see my abs!  I had never been more excited about my body in my life.  I have since been able to maintain my weight and overall become more active in life.  I play sports, go hiking, and do other activities that I lacked in my slouch days.

You too can lose weight and get the body you want.  You need motivation and hard work to accomplish it.  There is no magic pill or mystery diet some greedy salesman wants to sell you.  Stick to the basics and you will lose weight!

1 comment:

  1. That all changed rapidly over the course of a year after becoming very inactive in my life. Within a years time I reached 220 lbs by horrible eating habits, sitting on my butt, and drinking a lot of beer.
    two piece swimwear

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 

The Smart Fitness Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com